ABC Publications Privacy and Security Policy
ABC Publications acknowledges the importance of protecting the privacy of personally identifiable information collected about our customers. Whenever we collect, handle, store or use information about you from our website, we try to comply with the National Principles for the Fair Handling of Personal Information. For the purposes of this Privacy Statement, the word customers, includes visitors to our web sites, users of our services, purchasers of our products and advertising customers.
- Personal Information –
We collect and track personal information when we provide our services to you. Generally we will tell you why we are collecting information when we collect it and how we plan to use it or these things will be obvious when we collect the information such as updates on specials.
- Use of Information
We usually collect personal information such as your name, address, telephone number, and in some instances, your financial details. When you are online, we collect information regarding the pages within our network which you visit and what you click on. As a general rule we do not collect sensitive information. However, if we do, it will usually be for the purposes of providing our goods or services and if the law requires us to, we will seek your consent to collect it.
- We use your information to provide our services to you, to fulfill administrative functions associated with these services, for example billing, to enter into contracts with you or third parties and for marketing and client relationship purposes.
- We may use your personally identifiable information to assist us in improving our products and services and we may be in contact in order to advise you of goods, services, or promotions which may interest you.
- Use of Aggregate Data
We may collect certain non-personal information to optimise our goods and services including our Web pages for your computer (e.g., the identity of your Internet browser, the type of operating system you use, your IP address and the domain name of your Internet service provider). We may use such non-personal information for internal purposes, including but not limited to improving the content of our sites.
- ABC Publications may use personally identifiable information in aggregate form to improve our goods and services including our web sites and make them more responsive to the needs of our customers. This statistical compilation and analysis of information may also be used as a summary report for marketing, advertising or research purposes.
- Access to Personal Information
You have a right to access most personal information we hold about you and if we deny access in some circumstances we will tell you why. To request access, please contact us as set out at the end of this document.
- Online Links to Third Party and Co-Branded Sites
ABC Publications may establish relationships with business partners that allow visitors to our Internet sites to link directly to sites operated by these partners. Some of these sites may be co-branded with our logo; however, these sites may not be operated or maintained by or on our behalf. These sites may collect personal information from you that may be shared with us. This Privacy Statement will apply to any personal information we obtain in this manner.
- What else you should know about privacy on the Internet
Remember to close your browser when you have finished your user session. This is to ensure that others cannot access your personal information and correspondence if you share a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place like a library or Internet café. You as an individual are responsible for the security of and access to your own computer.
ABC Publications uses all reasonable care and skill in an effort to ensure that all information contained in this website is correct at the date and time of publication.
- However, as this information is continually changing, ABC Publications reserves the right to discontinue or change at any time without notice any information contained in this website.
- The reader must understand that the information on this website is provided with no express or implied warranty and that ABC Publications accepts no liability for loss or damage (either in whole or in part) as a result of relying on this information.
- Security policy
ABC Publications strives to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of personally identifiable information of our customers. We use a variety of physical and electronic security measures including restricting physical access to our offices and firewalls and secure databases to keep personal information secure from loss, misuse or unauthorised disclosure or use. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure.